We do this through a range of programs developed in partnership with the community. We deliver support to minimise the risk of family breakdown from social and economic pressures.
Our quality services are provided by both paid and unpaid staff through best practice principles.
Our community services are delivered through Centres that provide a welcoming meeting place where anyone can come to gather, obtain information, support, referral and access resources.
Our services aim to provide:
Community Gro is governed by a volunteer Board of Management made up of professional people from a mix of legal, financial, marketing and development industries. The Board is responsible for determining all matters relating to governance, including, ensuring an appropriate policy framework is in place to manage the organisations operational procedures.
Empowering change in lives and communities
Community Gro believes in a safe and equitable community where everyone has the opportunity to lead fulfilling lives.
Community Gro receives funding from:
- Upper Ross Community Centre receives funding through the Queensland Government, Department of Communities, Housing and Digital Economy
- Townsville West (Garbutt) receives funding through the Queensland Government, Department of Communities, Housing and Digital Economy
- Community Connect Program receives through the Queensland Government, Department of Communities, Housing and Digital Economy
- Family Support Hub receives funding through the Queensland Government Department of Education.
- HIPPY Upper Ross receives funding through the Australian Government Department of Social Services through Brotherhood of St Laurence.
- Community Visitors Scheme receives funding through the Australian Government Department of Social Services.
- Upper Ross Youth Hub receives funding through Townsville Aboriginal and Islander Health Services
- Connected Beginnings Rasmussen receives funding through Australian Government Department of Education, Skills and Employment
To donate whitegoods and large furniture items, please contact the Upper Ross Community Centre on 4774 0144, the Garbutt Community Centre on 4779 7268 or complete an online contact form to arrange collection or delivery. Your generous contributions are kindly appreciated.