No Interest Loan Scheme (NILS)
What are the Loans for?
Loans are generally available for the purchase of essential goods and services.
These may include:
- Household items like fridges, washing machines, stoves, dryers, freezers and some furniture
- Some medical and dental services
- Educational essentials such as computers and text books
- Some car related items
How does it work?
Call 4774 0144 or use the enquiry form below for more information and an application form.
All the necessary information required in the application form.
The loans committee will make an assessment on your application, this can take up to 2 weeks.
Once approved, we will agree on affordable repayments over 12 to 18 months.
How NILS works in your community
With manageable repayments and a respectful assessment process conducted by our accredited Upper Ross NILS program, NILS works through a process of circular community credit. When a borrower makes a repayment to NILS, funds are then available to someone else in the community.
Do I qualify for NILS?
To qualify you must:
- Have a Health Care Card/Pension Card or be on a low income;
- Reside in the Upper Ross at your current premises for more than 3 months;
- Show a willingness and capacity to repay
A community focused initiative of Good Shepherd Microfinance.
Download an application form to get started.