Skilling Queenslanders for Work
Community Work Skills offers tailored assistance and integrated learner support to job seekers while they undertake a nationally recognised qualification, up to Certificate III level.
Who does the program support?
The Youth Skills program provides support to Queensland residents aged 15-24 years who either:
- Are ineligible for Australian Government employment services or assistance, or
- Require complementary services because they have significant barriers to learning and employment, or
- Have accessed Australian Government services for more than six months and remain unemployed.
Participants have access to;
- Tailored learning support
- Employability skills
- Opportunities to increase skills
- Employment assistance
- Resume preparation and writing
- Job interview skills
- Job search advice, including where to look for work, how to apply for work, and understanding employer expectations
- Networking opportunities with local businesses and employers to share their experiences and industry knowledge
- Access to support services if needed.
All training is delivered at The Upper Ross Community Centre in a relaxed supportive environment.
If you would like to get involved in our next program then fill in the online Expression of Interest form and the program coordinator will get in contact with you.
Alternatively you can contact the SQW Program Coordinator if you want any further information.